Official Website: www.MissTailorHandmade.com

Official Website: www.MissTailorHandmade.com
Click the image to enter my new site!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Past

Christmas time always brings memories of past holiday seasons.  I am the youngest of 7 children and as a result, my memories of past Christmas's are always full of hustle and bustle.  There are now 17 nieces and nephews that make the holidays full of laughter and fun, not to mention that my family has be compared to the Von Trap family from the Sound of Music.  Now this isn't because we are wonderful singers, because believe me, we aren't.  It is mainly due to the fact that when we all get together, we often break out into song coupled with some silly humor and it makes for quite an entertaining evening.  Some of the most fond memories I have around the holiday season are just staying up late with my siblings talking and laughing.  I also remember waking up early to see the stockings filled under the Christmas tree.  There is a serene peace associated with that beautiful scene!  I also cherish all the Christmas Eve's we spent at the Moffat's singing Christmas Carols as well as the Nativity story/ tradition we began with the grandchildren.  Christmas with all its beauty is a great time to bring families together and to remind us of Christ! 
This Christmas is a time for me to make new traditions, or at least join in another families traditions, as I have the opportunity to go to Florida to visit my in-laws.  I am very excited to see my husband's family as they bring another side of fun to the holiday's.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

______________________________________________________


Bag Tribute.... Last year around this time, I made my very first Newport bag.  This has become one of my top-selling items and this particular bag has served me well throughout this past year.  There is something special about the first bag I make of any style. I like to keep them because they are usually imperfect and it reminds me of how there is always room for improvement!  I remember when I was first learning to sew and I messed up on something my mom told me, "its ok, it gives it character".  Even though I still strive for perfection in everything I do, I still remember her words and it makes me love my little flaws in the first bags I ever made!  :)

No comments: